Thursday 6 May 2010

Quick and Easy Pea and Ham Soup



This recipe is so easy, I thought it was worth mentioning it here...

I was looking for something to snack on the other day so decided to make a soup.

I looked through the cupboards and nothing appealed to me. I then thought "I know, I will make a soup".

Within 10 minutes I had created a wonderful and healthy soup packed full of vitamins, protein and fibre.

Here is how it was made....


Chop 2 spring onions into a pan and gently fry in olive oil.

Once softened, add frozen peas to the pan (the amount depends on how many you are cooking for so you be the judge).

As soon as the peas are defrosted, add enough water to just cover the peas. Add a ham stock cube also (add 2 cubes if cooking for 2 people).

Stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.

Break 2 bay leaves into the soup (without stalks) and heat for 10 minutes.

Add pepper and then blend until smooth.

Serve and enjoy.

Stir in a spoon of yogurt if you want to be naughty...

No comments:

Post a Comment